Thursday 20 June 2013

La Bottela Di Terroni :: Lunch with Memie


Panino Classico & Yam Fries ($12)
prosciutto, fior di latte, tomatoes, arugola

Arugula Salad
a portion from Memie's Panino con Salmone - terroni smoked salmon with fried mint marinated zucchini

{ La Bottela Di Terroni is a restaurant located within walking distance of the Toronto's Eaton Centre. The restaurant is actually separated into two separate wings - La Bottela Di Terroni & Osteria Cicerietria. Di Terroni is serves mainly pizzas & paninis whilst Osteria serves mainly homemade pastas. Today Memie and I tried the Di Terroni. 

I stumbled across it with Memie when we were walking to our reservation for Winterlicious at Starfish. Needless to say, the quality of food here is very high - reminding me of the caliber of Italian food I had during my visit to Italy last year.  The high prices were also indicator quality ingredients. 

We both ordered paninis - which are only served during lunch - I had the Panino Classico & Memie had the Panino con Salmone. We split both of our paninis in half and swapped so we could try both. The Panino Classico is a hearty classic Italian panini which a refreshing taste with the tomatos and fior di latte that is cut by the saline nature of the proscuitto. The yam fries that came with the Panino Classico were generous in portion, but average. The Panino con Salmone was heavier than the Panino Classico but nonetheless still very savory. I personally love smoked salmon and appreciated this panini. The smoked salmon in conjunction with the fried mint marinated zucchini made a tasty combination. 

Personally, I enjoyed both equally and would recommend either one depending on your taste preference of the day. However, I did not enjoy the Arugula Salad as it was quite bitter & I also did not enjoy the raw onions. Memie said she preferred the Panino Classico due to its refreshing taste. La Bottela Di Terroni is a great lunch spot and I look forward in trying it for dinner (and the Osteria!). One thing that I did not enjoy during my lunch was the waiter's attitude towards us in comparison to other restaurant patrons. Perhaps since we were dressed casually in comparison to the business women next to us, the waiter came off slightly snobbish, but he nonetheless carried out his duties and our requests. However, who I assumed was the manager was very attentive }

La Bottela Di Terroni
106 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON
La Bettola di Terroni on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment